LESSON TO REMEMBER
The FBI had an opening for an assassin. After all the background checks, interviews and testing were done, there were 3 finalists; two men and a woman.For the final test, the FBI agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun. “We must know that you will follow our instructions no matter what the circumstances. Inside the room.
You will find your wife sitting in a chair . . . Kill her!!”
The man said, “You can’t be serious. I could never shoot my wife.” The agent said, “Then you’re not the right man for this job. Take your wife and go home.”
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about 5 minutes. The man came out with tears in his eyes, “I tried, but I can’t kill my wife.”
The agent said, “You don’t have what it takes. Take your wife home.”
Finally, it was the woman’s turn. She was given the same instructions, to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman, wiping the sweat from her brow. “This gun was loaded with false bullets”.
She said. “I had to beat him to death with the chair!!”
(source: user amohanrao on 06.02.2011)
Sure is a different view of a roll-top desk? The Future Technology u-tube segment (Next) about the Mactino is more amazing. Alan It’s well known that the German people are very smart and make great engineers, but take a look at their newest concept model laptop computer.
It will blow you away German concept laptop (just click)
Ava Joiner saved to Things to do, Places to see
They are hoping that their 300ft “Stairway to Heaven” will encourage people to visit the Taihang Mountains, in Linzhou, Henan province, China.
TEXT BY JACKSON GROVES // IMAGES BY JACKSON GROVES
The Stairway to Heaven on Oahu, Hawaii also known as the Haiku Stairs, is possibly the greatest attraction on the entire island. 3,922 stairs lead up the imposing mountain ridge, often at a vertical incline, with only a hand-rail to catch you from falling into the valley below.
Originally the stairs were built in 1942 by the U.S. Navy as a top secret facility for transmitting radio signals to ships that were sailing in the Pacific Ocean. The stairs were then opened to the public until 1987 when they were deemed unsafe because of disrepair.
The city of Honolulu spent almost a million dollars repairing the stairs and was considering re-opening the stairs in 2002 but resident complaints and safety concerns halted the re-opening and the stairs have been closed ever since. That hasn’t stopped hikers and tourists sneaking past a guard who is posted at the bottom of the stairs to experience the thrilling 4000 ft long hike along an 18-inch wide staircase reaching heights of above 2000 ft.
A few pointing x number of people died in Note lines in 15 days. Somebody should ask them how many died in last 70 years because of no action on Black money.
People suffered and suffered due to Scams and only Scams. None of the government cared at that time.
The only motive for all those people is to be in Press lime light by criticizing for any action by a TRUE INDIAN PM Narendra Modi.
Why don’t they speak for the wonderful work done by the PM in last 2 years. He has contributed sooooo much for the country in last 2 years which no body could do in last 70 years.
Three cheers for PM Narendra Modi for the great he has been doing for the country.
God asks Obama first: “What do you believe?”
He thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, “I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my countrymen”.
God can’t help but see the essential goodness of Obama , and offers him a seat to his left.
Then God turns to Hillary and says, “What do you believe?”
Hillary says, “I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. Like Obama I believe in hard work. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I’ve always tried to be a true patriot and a loyal American.”
God is greatly moved by Hillary’s high-pitched eloquence, and he offers her a seat to his right.
Finally, God turns to Trump and says, “And you, Donald, what do you believe?”
Trump replies, “I believe you’re in my seat.”
(source: user amohanrao on 28.11.2016)
- Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn’t that be an even number?
- Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.
- I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
- I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
- When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90 % of their body…men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.
- A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.
- Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?
- America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won’t cross the street to vote.
- You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone?
- That’s your common sense leaving your body.
- Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
- My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that. I think my neighbor is stalking me as she’s been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.
- Strong people don’t put others down. They lift them up and slam them on the ground for maximum damage.
- They said Money talks …but all mine ever says is good-bye.
- You’re not fat, you’re just… easier to see.
- If you think nobody cares whether you’re alive, try missing a couple of payments.
(source: user amohanrao on 29.11.2016)
Interesting Facts about Airports, Airlines and Air Traveling
# All International Airline Pilots speak English.
# Each airline pilot flying the aircraft, eats a different meal to minimize the risk of all pilots on board being ill.
# The normal ratio of Flight Attendants to passenger seats is one Flight Attendant for every 50 passenger seats.
# The height requirement for Flight Attendant is for safety reasons, making sure that all flight attendants can reach overhead safety equipment.
# The normal ratio of Lavatories to passengers is approximately one lavatory for every 50 passengers.
#An air traveler can lose approximately 1.5 liters of water in the body during a three-hour flight.
# The reason why the lights are turned out during takeoff and landing Is for your eyes to adjust to lower levels of light. If there’s an accident and they have to activate the emergency slides, studies have shown that you will be able to see better and therefore be able to evacuate more quickly and safely.
# The World’s largest Airline in terms of Fleet Size is Delta Airlines (United States) with 744 aircraft and 121 aircraft on order.
# The largest passenger plane is the Airbus 380 – nearly 240 feet long, almost 80 feet high, and has a wingspan of more than 260 feet. The double-decker plane has a standard seating capacity of 555 passengers.
# The world’s busiest airport in terms of passenger volume or the number of takeoffs and landings, is Harts field . Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, Georgia, United States with more than 88 million passengers shuffled through the Atlanta airport in 2009, with another 20 million in the first three months of 2010, and with aircraft take-off and landings approximately every 37 seconds.
# The Internet / On-Line check-in was first used by Alaskan Airlines in 1999.
# The world’s Largest Airport is Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan (as of 2011). By 2013 Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates is planned to be the largest airport in the world.
# The airport with the longest runway in the world is Qamdo Bangda Airport in the Peoples Republic of China with 5.50 kilometers in length (as of 2011).
# American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by removing 1 olive from each salad served in first class.
# In 2009, Southwest served 63.2 million cans of soda, juices, and water; 14.3 million alcoholic beverages; 14 million bags of pretzels; 90 million bags of peanuts; 17.7 million Select-A-Snacks; and 33.5 million other snacks.
# Singapore Airlines spends about $700 million on food every year and $16 million on wine alone. First class passengers consume 20,000 bottles of alcohol every month and Singapore Airlines is the second largest buyer of Dom Perignon champagne in the world.
# Cathay Pacific carries rice cookers, toasters, cappuccino makers and skillets on board their airplanes.
# KLM of Netherlands stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (meaning Royal Dutch Airlines).
# KLM is the worlds’ oldest airline established in 1919.
# QANTAS – Australia’s national airline, originally stood for Queensland And Northern Territories Air Service.
# QANTAS is the second world’s oldest airline established in 1920.
# QANTAS still has the world’s best safety record with no crashes as of 2011.
* 40.5 tons of chicken
* 6 tons of caviar
* 22 tons of smoked salmon
* 557,507 boxes of chocolate
* 90 thousand cases (9 liter cases) of sparkling wine.# Abu Dhabi Airport Services once did a complete turn-around for a Boeing 777 in under 40 minutes, as opposed to a normal minimum of one hour. They unloaded passengers, cargo, mail, cleaned the aircraft, and loaded outbound passengers, cargo and mail in that short time.
# In 2001, Dubai Duty Free sold 1,570,214 cartons of cigarettes, 2,909 kilograms of gold, 101,824 watches, 690,502 bottles of perfume, 52,119 mobile phones.
# In-flight catering is an $18 billion worldwide industry employing up to 200,000 people.